April 19, 2010

Someday We'll Have Kids - Reason #376

Question asked the most to newlyweds? Every young couple out there say it with me now, "So, when are you having kids???" Also known as, "When are you 'gettin busy',""Are you and ____ pregnant yet?" and my personal favorite, "When are you going to start droppin' 'em out?" (as asked by a lovely coworker of mine). The response I'd like to give is, "Never...I eat children. Anything else you'd like to ask?" but that might scare some people off. The correct response is that we are trying to wait a couple of years...enjoy our two person family for awhile...having freedoms such as being able to go to a hotel 30 minutes from home just so we can sleep all day and not feel guilty (our plans for this weekend).
But let's not jump to conclusions and say that we're child haters here...not in the least...children are definitely in our future, but for now we prefer either borrowing friend's / family's children (they can be returned at anytime unlike when you own one) or talking about kids and how cool ours will be. There's things that come up too that remind us of why we're going to have children, one of those being just how funny kids can be (I know, parents of teenagers...they won't always be like that, but just humor me), and with that I present reason #376 of why Janele and I WILL someday have kids:


Our sister Jessie and Lukas (3 year old nephew and Transformers expert) were driving along just last week, Jessie being thouroughly frustrated by an eratic driver. Jessie finally is able to pass said driver,  but for some reason the eratic driver decides to yell at Jessie while she passes (apparently some CRAZY nasty words), and Lukas interprets the following from those words, "hahaha...momma, she was funny. She called you Twinkle Toes!" Twinkle Toes? Wow...thank God for Lukas not hearing anything from her ranting except 'Twinkle Toes'...which I'm pretty sure she did not say. I can't even think of anything nasty that would sound like that. The kid is like a built in stress reliever (and stress giver?).


All I know is that I would have been wetting myself in the front seat whilst also loving the fact that I could call that kid my own.

Fear not folks...we WILL have children someday.

- the Hubs

What he's really getting at here is that, someday we'll have kids because we want to laugh at them...in a completely non-damaging, and joyful way. They do say the darndest things, am I right Cosby?


-the wife



2 comments: