April 30, 2010

Hubs Can Cook

Look what he made!

That, my dear reader, is made from scratch gnocchi with an also made from scratch saucy thing that Hubs created on the fly.  And THAT is/was delicious and great.  

I married a man who isn't afraid to step in the kitchen, get it really dirty, and turn out a scrumptious meal.  I'm so blessed!  He's a wealth of talent!  We eat great food at home!  

Hooray marriage!

For tips and tricks of making gnocchi, I refer you to him. 

~the wifey


Ahem...my follow up:

YES. I DID IT! I was so scared about making this...so many websites I found about gnocchi said how hard it was, how patient you have to be, how 'sensitive' you had to be with the dough (what??). Anyhoo, it WAS all of these things, but it was also an enjoyable process and I did enjoy it. I will also say that I DID make a giant mess (as the wifey subliminaly added) but let me add that I also cleaned up this mess. So there. :)

The 'saucey thing' in question was (to clarify because I'm proud) a red wine sauce with fresh grape tomatoes, fresh basil, capers, olives, and garlic. YES. I'm gloating. Just give me this.

I love cooking for my wife...it's probably one of my favorite things to do, and she is such a great and gracious consumer!!

I will also say that while cooking said meal, I thought again as I often do about how I could so not work in a restaurant...that one hour was enough for me.

- the Hubs

1 comment:

  1. Steve, that dish looks awesome! Gnocchi from scratch, really?! Please cook that for us when we come to St. Louis....or how about some homemade pierogies? Or perhaps tutemare(spelling?) with made from scratch linguini (even if you don't like seafood)! You should open a restaurant....:)
    Janele-Happy Eating! When you need a break from all that good food, just come home for a few days. What, you will? Sweet...I can't wait. Seriously, I can't wait to see you, sweetie. Steve, we will miss you, tho. :(

    ReplyDelete