April 21, 2010

How to start a blog, the wife's perspective

Bloggity blog blog blog.  It's time for the wife to speak.  First of all, I'd like to point out that this was my idea, but second of all, I would like to point out that I would have never even conceived said idea if it hadn't been for Steven's recent interest in the world of blogging.  It all goes something like this....


Husband Steven had been reading and telling me about various blogs for the past month or two, when I casually mentioned that we were interesting enough to write a blog ourselves, at least I hope that we are.  Husband liked that idea and immediately began brainstorming all the different fun things we could do with our blog; wife (me) started to kind of forget about the whole thing, life is busy, right?  One day, Husband comes home from his grueling day of meetings and such and says to wife: "I started our blog today."


So, that's it.  Now we're bloggers.  And at first I was nervous.  What if no one cares and we spend all this time writing for no one?  But, the side of me that is nostalgic and secretely wants all my childhood diaries published thinks, Hurray!  We are making our memories last through the written work!  We're recording the beginnings of what it was like to be married and have fun with one another.  I like that.  So, go me!  Great idea, wife!  Way to be awesome!  But also, go husband! Way to take initiative over something I never would have followed through with!  You're awesome!  

This will be a good time.  Are you proud of me, husband?  I finally posted.


- the Wifey 


*Hey! There she is! Yes...very proud. Also proud that you are learning my ways in that you gave yourself mad props. Until next time...

- the Hubs

1 comment:

  1. Hey- why is there yet another thing that makes us almost the same person?? I, too, thought that all my journals to Jesus, diaries about boys, and musings on diabetic life would one day be published, though logically after my death.

    ReplyDelete