May 7, 2010

Happily Ever After

This week I, the wifey, am away from home, and back at 'home.'  When you get married, all the sudden home has dual meaning.  Home is our little apartment in the city, 'home' is Western Kentucky with the parents.  This time around, I'm blessed to be here not only with my parents but my grandparents as well.  They live up North, and I see them maybe once a year.  

So, here I am at 'home' with two examples of happily-ever-after; and I like it.  I see the nuances of friendship mixed with love mixed with responsibility mixed with history mixed with comfort mixed with the commonality of day to day life.  I can dig it (as my dad would say).


(These are not my grandparent's.  But they are dang cute, am I right?!)

Hubs' entry below made me reflective.  How joyous to know we were made to meet, marry, and love for the rest of our lives.  Some people are intimidated or opposed to this lifestyle.  Or maybe they've forgotten how great it is to be with your best friend forever.  

I'll be home (city home, hubs home) soon!  And it's so good to know, my best friend will be there waiting for me.  

Love you, hubs.

~The Wifey

1 comment:

  1. Remember how we prayed last week that marriages would be a celebration and we'd just revel in the love of the marriages around us? I like seeing it you two.

    ReplyDelete